Act Example

Copyright

Content copyright © Forever People Digital Press 2007, All Rights Reserved

www.foreverpeoplerpg.com

Text

From: moc.psignitsoh.emagehtforetsamsemag|MG#moc.psignitsoh.emagehtforetsamsemag|MG
To: player1; player2; player3; player4;
Cc: lurker1; lurker2; lurker 3
________________

Subject Heading: The Realm of Thelinor - Act I - A Merry Band
________________

Body Text:

===========
OOC Matters
===========

<GM> Welcome to the game everyone. I hope you all have fun!
<Daniel> Thanks! I'm looking forward to playing with everyone :)
<Lucy> Yes, thanks GM! I am also looking forward to playing. This is the first time I've played ADnD, I usually prefer sci-fi.
<James> Hey everyone! Happy gaming. Welcome to the ADnD fold Lucy. I like sci-fi too, but you can't beat a classic fantasy romp now and then :)
<Sarah> Sorry everybody for being late. I had some real life stuff to attend to. Also looking fwd to playing and hello to everybody :)

===============================
Act I - A Merry Band - PROTASIS
===============================

Ragdorak pushes open the door to the provisions store and steps inside, followed by Spinglass the elf, Jetfra the halfling and Sigmund the paladin.

A rotund individual dressed in typical store-keeper garb approaches the group and grins a wide peddler's grin. "Greetin's to my store travellin' friends. What can I be helpin' you with on this fine and sunny morning? Some ale perhaps, to tide you over on those long adventures? Or maybe you're partial to some of this fresh bread, baked just this morning. I've also got sweet and salted meats, fruits, veg, and lots of pickled stuff. If it fits in a jar, I can pickle it, that's what folk always say about me." The store keeper pokes his thumbs into the waistband of his breeches and sways proudly on the balls of his feet. His grin seems to be painted firmly upon his face.

==GM edit==

Spinglass doesn't like the darkness of the shop or the closeness of the walls. All these human artifacts and trinkets also make him feel uncomfortable. The city is oppressive enough, and yet each new place they visit is more cramped than the last. This place is a vast honeycomb of little stone rooms inhabited by strange human types like this peddler.

==/GM edit==

Ragdorak scratches his head as he inspects the storekeeper and his various wares. "What a fine shop you have," he smiles back, ever the courteous mage. "I don't suppose you sell clothing do you? I'm looking for a decent pair of leather gauntlets. Something that'll keep my hands dry in the rain and warm in the snow."

"Leather gauntlets you say?" the storekeeper enthuses. "Why yes, I think I have some that would fit you squire. I keep 'em out back though…" the storekeeper's mouth closes as the huge figure of Sigmund looms from the doorway of the shop.

==GM edit==

As Ragdorak chats with the toadying seller, Jetfra takes a look around the store for any signs of hidden hatches in the floor or other doorways. She hasn't forgotten what Jenda told her about being on her guard. You never knew.

The elf watches as Jetfra inspects the place. He notices some arrows for sale and inspects them, but they are of inferior quality and priced at 10gp each, well over the reasonable price of an arrow four times as good. Spinglass turns his nose up at the terrible price. He would be better off making his own arrows! He chooses instead to hang back by the door where he can make a quick exit if the need to do so becomes too strong.

==/GM edit==

Meanwhile Sigmund has joined Ragdorak at his side and towers over the seller. He knows men like this well enough. They would use Ragdorak's charming naivety against him to sell all manner of tat. Aha! May Sigmund's impressive presence kowtow this particular con-man from attempting such a thing. Just to emphasise his point, Sigmund rests his hand on the hilt of his sword and gives the seller a look that says 'don't try any funny stuff lad.' He actually says, "and I seek an under vest of some kind. Cold climes are our intention and warmth is my need. But think not to overprice, small seller, or you will taste justice in the form of cold, hard steel."

"Oho," the seller's smile barely falters, "warm vestments I also have. Also out back. I store only my very best goods behind the store. It would be a shame for the riff-raff of this city to lay their filthy paws on my better merchandise, don't you think? I have such trouble with thieves and the like. Will you accompany me back and peruse my wares? I think you will be pleasantly surprised and I pride myself on my prices. You'll not find a cheaper alternative, that you won't!"

==GM edit==

Jetfra moves across the shop and peeks toward the curtain at the back of the room. Presumably the seller's back room lies this way. Using her sixth sense she catches a glimpse of several bulky men armed with coshes and swords hiding behind the curtain.

==/GM edit==

"We are fine where we are," Sigmund glances uneasily toward the curtain at the back of the store. "You fetch your wares and we shall remain."

"Oh come now," Ragdorak chuckles, "let us go and see what this gentleman has to offer, Sigmund. You are simply too suspicious for your own good!"

"Ah! Drat it! I have suddenly remembered something!" Jetfra suddenly pipes up, slapping a hand to her forehead "I left my very important magical staff in the tavern! Can you believe it! My very important magical staff! Imagine what would happen if it were stolen or picked up by just anyone. We must *leave this shop* and return to the tavern immediately to recover it."

==GM edit==

Sigmund's eyes narrow in the direction of the halfling. Ragdorak snorts, "what very important staff are you talking about Jetfra? I thought you carried a trident and you left that outside this shop next to the sign that says no weapo…ouch!" Ragdorak gives Sigmund a pained look as he rubs his shin.

==GM edit==

"You know the staff she means," Sigmund nods. "And yes, it is a most important thing. Far too important to leave in the tavern. Come, let us away and *leave this shop* with great haste."

Spinglass has been watching all this with great interest. He pushes open the door, the small bell jingling above and smiles at the group, "shall we?"

The store seller looks most disappointed as the group file out.

==================================
Act I - A Merry Band - CATASTROPHE
==================================

This is a most humorous signature, etc.
Sign up for free email with Yahboo! etc.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License